Citywire - For Professional Investors

Register to get unlimited access to all of Citywire’s fund manager database. Registration is free and only takes a minute.

RAM revamps global bond strategy into total return fund

RAM revamps global bond strategy into total return fund

RAM Active Investments has altered the strategy of its €111 million global bond fund and also renamed it to reflect its more total return approach.

The RAM Tactical Funds - Quality Bond fund, initially launched in 2009, will now be known as the RAM Tactical Funds - Global Bond Total Return, the company has announced.

It will continue to be run by the Citywire + rated duo Stéphane Decrauzat and Cédric Daras. The average duration of five years has been eliminated with the fund now able to invest 75% of its assets in investment grade bonds, the remaining 25% can be allocated to lower ratings.

‘We will continue to focus on alpha generation, keeping a truly global investment universe, a strong bias towards IG quality bond while relaxing some of the constraints we had previously, in order to be even more flexible and active’, the portfolio manager and head of fixed income, Decrauzat, explained.

The firm said the decision has been made to better reflect the characteristics of the fund and to position it in a more relevant market segment.

‘These changes are designed to capitalize on RAM’s investment expertise and provide our clients with strategies that help throughout the investment cycle’, the CEO of RAM Active Investments, Citywire +, Thomas de Saint-Seine, added.

Over the last five year the fund has returned 10.25% while its Barclays Global Aggregate Corp TR index has risen 17.06%

Leave a comment!

Please sign in or register to comment. It is free to register and only takes a minute or two.
Events
  • Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2018: day one images

    Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2018: day one images

  • Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2018: day two images

    Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2018: day two images

  • Citywire Asia Taipei Retreat 2017: day two images

    Citywire Asia Taipei Retreat 2017: day two images

  • Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2017: day one images

    Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2017: day one images

  • Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2017: day two images

    Citywire Asia Bangkok Retreat 2017: day two images

  • Images from Citywire Thailand Forum 2017

    Images from Citywire Thailand Forum 2017

  • Citywire Asia Awards 2017: images from Singapore

    Citywire Asia Awards 2017: images from Singapore

  • Citywire Asia Awards 2017: images from Hong Kong

    Citywire Asia Awards 2017: images from Hong Kong

  • Citywire Asia Taipei Retreat 2017: day one images

    Citywire Asia Taipei Retreat 2017: day one images

  • Citywire Asia Retreat in Bangkok: day two images

    Citywire Asia Retreat in Bangkok: day two images

  • Bangkok buzz: day 1 images from our Asia Retreat

    Bangkok buzz: day 1 images from our Asia Retreat

  • Images from Citywire's Thailand Forum

    Images from Citywire's Thailand Forum

  • Pictures from Citywire's Hong Kong forum

    Pictures from Citywire's Hong Kong forum

  • Images from our Citywire Singapore Forum

    Images from our Citywire Singapore Forum