LONDON: As the market crisis of 2020 put increased strain of fund selectors, they turned up the heat on asset managers in terms of the service levels they demanded.
Bringing together leading fund selectors and gatekeepers from Asia, Europe and the Americas, as well as a leading asset manager, we tested their views on the speed of response that professional investors expect - now and in the future.
The general view among the fund buyers was that asset managers has stepped up to the plate during the crisis. But will response times revert to the old standard once conditions normalise - or is there no going back?
In this video, fund selectors and gatekeepers from DBS and Pictet in Asia, HSBC, JP Morgan, and AJ Bell in Europe, as well as Insigneo and Citi Private Bank in the Americas and M&G’s global head of distribution debate the reshaping of Service.
Featuring in this video are:
- John Ng, head of funds selection and advisory, DBS Singapore;
- Jonathan Willcocks, head of distribution, M&G Investments;
- Sebastien Gentizon, senior fund analyst, Pictet Wealth Management;
- Sébastien Berthon, international head of manager selection, J.P. Morgan;
- Ryan Hughes, head of active portfolios, AJ Bell;
- Javier Rivero, chief operating officer, Insigneo;
- Evan Ratnow, director & third-party fixed income strategy head, Citi Private Bank.